Centre for Maritime Studies Camilo José Cela University
The Centre for Maritime Studies (CEM) at Camilo Jose Cela University is an entity dedicated to maritime training, which was created to meet the training needs of professionals in the maritime sector. Thus, the UCJC CEM started by offering courses for the certifications of competence for seafarers from the STCW 95 IMO Convention and recreational qualifications for seafarers. The headquarters of the UCJC CEM is located at the Almagro campus.
Practical sessions are held on board the schooner Cervantes Saavedra, the SEK Education Group Outdoor Learning Centre, with a long history in conducting training based in the marina of Valencia.
The Lloyd’s International Certifier has presented the Centre for Maritime Studies the ISO 9001: 2015 Quality Management System Certificate. An international standard that certifies the UCJC CEM quality assurance and management system. It reinforces the UCJC’s commitment to quality management, allowing it to offer specialised maritime training to professionals in the sector.
- Certificate of Specialisation in Basic Training in Maritime Safety
- STCW Passenger Ship Specialisation Certificate
- Certificate of Specialisation in STCW Passenger Ship Refresher
- Certificate of Specialisation in Recreational Boat Skipper
- Introduction to Silver Service
- Introduction to Housekeeping