BECOME A GLOBAL CITIZEN IN MADRID
- Innovative learning model that integrates language with intercultural skills through practice and active implementation.
- Gaining intercultural competence via our “Global Skills” workshops.
- Highly qualified language teachers.
- Cultural Activities.
- Weekly MediaLab workshops to document student progress.
- Maximum of 14 students per class
- Varying class ability levels:
- Upper intermediate.
Place: Downtown Madrid, Spain
Duration of course: 4 weeks
Dates: June – July 2017
Target: Acquire Spanish language skills and intercultural competency
Academic Activities: Language classes, intercultural communication workshops, customized field visits regarding Spanish history and current affairs in architecture, gastronomy, dance, fine arts, film, entrepreneurship, etc.
Accommodation included in price: Yes
In our four-week, 80-hour intensive “Become a Global Citizen” course we execute an innovative learning model that integrates language with intercultural skills through practice and active implementation. Students will finish the program having significantly increased their Spanish language level while also gaining intercultural competence via our “Global Skills” workshops. We combine the concept of language with cultural awareness and intelligence for optimal communication. Our language teachers are highly qualified, certified Spanish language professors, and our Global Skills workshop facilitator is an expert in the field of intercultural competence. Beyond this foundation students will have hands on learning experiences during site visits throughout Madrid. Also at our undergraduate campus’ cutting edge MediaLab center, they will document their progress through project-based audiovisual workshops each week.
● 80-hour program taught in four weeks
● Spanish classes taught by highly qualified, skilled native teachers
● Global skills workshops taught by expert in intercultural communication
● All class material costs and room + board (three meals a day) included in tuition
● Cultural activities and accompanying lectures two to three times each week
● Weekly MediaLab workshops to document student progress
● A maximum of 14 students per class
● Varying class ability levels: beginner, pre-intermediate, intermediate, and upper intermediate.
● Minimum student age is 18 years
● Students who attend 80% of the course receive a certificate from the University of Camilo José Cela
Global Citizen program students will be housed in a residence from the internationally recognized, award-winning student accommodation company, the Student Housing Company:
“Residencia Galdos is in the heart of Madrid and only a five-minute walk from the metro. Students will love our spacious rooms with great storage and onsite gym and full-board catering. They also love our superfast internet and Wifi. Their parents love our cleaning and bed linen laundry service (plus towels!) as well as our 24-hour staff presence to make everything safe and sound. UCJC (Almagro) is a short metro or bus ride away (25min). Our students also enjoy a range of sports and cultural activities including our cooking classes and annual charity run.”
Please let us know on your application form if you have any dietary restrictions
Price: 3200 €
Candidates will be required to pay an initial non-refundable deposit of 200€ to secure their place in the course. This deposit is redeemable against the cost of the course. The full cost of the course (minus the deposit amount) should be settled by April 30, 2017.
The University Camilo José Cela (UCJC) is a forward‐looking learning institution, uniquely placed to bridge the gap between traditional and modern times. It was founded in 2000 as part of the Educational Institution SEK, whose proven track record in global school excellence stretches back over 120 years. UCJC’s “DNA” curriculum is composed of three fundamental ideas, three “I”s: Interdisciplinary, Innovative and Internationalized approach in teaching, researching and managing internal talent and knowledge. These roots support UCJC’s mission to offer and deliver avant‐garde courses, classes, degrees and methods, in Spain and in Europe. In order to be successful, we have opted to evolve the way we actively plan, think and move.
All five different faculties at UCJC: Health, Communication, Education, Architecture and Technology, Law and Economics, believe in providing a full‐student experience. Modeled after the quintessential American student campus, the Villafranca undergraduate campus constitutes a community which provides the optimal environment crafted for learning and living. For its graduate students the UCJC recently inaugurated its new headquarters, providing state-of-the-art facilities in the heart of Madrid’s city center (Almagro). The prime urban location connects students with a variety of professionals, organizations, corporations and NGOs.
2) Send an email to email@example.com with the following application documents attached:
● Completed and signed application form
● Scanned copy of passport
● Scanned and signed image release form
● Email with answers to level test (provided at the bottom of this application)
● Your flight details if they are different from your school group flight (i.e. you will arrive to the residence through your own means)
3) Receive your confirmed admission by email and check the invoiced amount
4) Pay your fees
5) Prepare for a great time at Camilo José Cela University