Camilo José Cela University held the awards ceremony for the 5th and 6th Tutor Awards. Since it was unable to hold the awards ceremony for the fifth edition last year due to COVID-19, UCJC decided to present the awards for the two editions together on this occasion, and thus reward the work of companies that have given students their first opportunities in the world of work.
Cristina Torres, director of Professional Careers at Camilo José Cela University, stated that “it is a pleasure to be able to meet again to recognise the work that companies and collaborating entities of the university do, in teaching our students in real professional environments. The idea is to bring together more and more universities and businesses, thus fostering the training of Camilo José Cela University graduates in the professional environments of the future”.
These awards recognise the role of the tutors of collaborating organisations, companies and administrations in the training of UCJC students during their internship period.
The entities awarded in the fifth edition were:
- Tutor Award in Health to the Fundación Jiménez Díaz-Unidad de Psiquiatría
- Tutor Award in Communications to Free Your Mind SL
- Tutor Award in Humanities to Tech in Law Ventures S.L.U.
- Tutor Award in Education to SEK Catalunya SA
- Tutor Award in Technology and Science to RTVE Corporación Radio Televisión
- Lifetime Award: Alsa Grupo S.L.U.
- Insertion Award: Rayo Vallecano de Madrid SAD
- Social Commitment Award Acción Contra el Hambre
- International Award: Calgary College of Education (Canada)
- Projects Award: Indra Sistemas S.A
- Centre for Professional Studies Award Dachser Spain S.A.
Meanwhile, the companies awarded in the sixth edition were:
- Tutor Award in Health to Hospital Beata María Ana de Jesús
- Tutor Award in Communications to Academia de las Ciencias y las Artes de Televisión Española
- Tutor Award in Humanities to Delonia Software Servicios IT
- Tutor Award in Education to Ministry of Education and Vocational Training of the Government of Cantabria
- Tutor Award in Technology and Science to DSV Global Transport and Logistics
- Lifetime Award: NEUROPED – Centro de Neurodesarrollo Pediátrico
- Insertion Award: Star Lite Marbella
- Social Commitment Award Fundación ANAR
- International Award: Sant Louis University
- Projects Award: KPMG
- Centre for Professional Studies Award Municipal Transport Company of Madrid (EMT)
The internship programmes offer the possibility of introducing students to the job market and putting into practice the knowledge acquired during their studies and, in this way, getting to know different professions first-hand. The companies, for their part, are able to train students in specific areas of their activity, giving the possibility of starting a professional career systematically organised from the beginning.